Friday, June 15, 2007

Thank you "Fairy" much

Faerie Box
Can't resist a good pun. Thanks for all the b'day wishes! We had a nice night...ate at one of our favorite Mexican restaraunts, browsed books and magazines at the book/music store, kids were watched by my mom and dad for a couple of hours...just a nice night.

Now the month isn't over. Next week will be Baby B's 3rd B'day (a week after mine.) I decided to have a little faerie b'day party for her (remember my post about the Faerie themed table?) SO I thought it would be fun if for the next week or so, I share some of the faerie projects I am working on...for the party and for C-bugs enchanted bedroom. This particular piece I finished about a month ago for the bedroom, but the roof was ripped off by those little B hands! We just found the missing pieces...barely...as they had been thrown behind the counterless cabinets. I am so glad the pieces were found before the countertops were permanently put into place. I imagined my house would be on one of those home shows decades from now, where the new homeowners find funny things in the walls and under floorboards...what would those owners think of my cheerios, credit card statements, and craft bits??? I guess they's assume the itty bitty space behind my corner cabinet was a secret hiding place for a crafters secret craft (and cheerios) obsession!

I couldn't get a really good picture of the whole shelf. There's a little bit of faerie-ness on every shelf. You can see detail of each one here, here, and here.

3 comments:

jess said...

Oh my gosh!! I LOVE this, you must tell me more about the room you're doing for miss C. My daughter has been begging me to do something in a fairy theme for her.

Raesha D said...

This is so cute!! I can't wait to see it when it's all done.

Regina said...

Love, love, love this!! Magical!